Ellie Belly

Ellie Belly
Our Little Cutie

Monday, June 4, 2012

Hill Air Force Base Air Show

Over Memorial Day weekend Hill Air Force Base had an air show. I have been excited about it for months now (Nikita is great to humor me about this kind of thing). I have many fond memories of the air shows that I have been to in the past and can remember something special from each one. From seeing soldiers in combat gear guarding the stealth bomber shortly after its first viewing by the public, to meeting former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman (he was governor at the time), to sharing special memories with  several family members, air shows have always been an enjoyable experience for me. I look forward to the memories that will be made at future air shows.

Our biggest concern was whether Ellie would like the air planes or if she would be afraid of them. It turns out that she loved them. She had fun watching the acrobatic stunt planes perform their crazy manuevers. But the real fun came when the Thunderbirds performed. There were a couple of times when they were really loud and she would get a little nervous. But most of the time she was disappointed when they were not right in front of us where she could see and hear them perfectly.

We took 393 pictures at the air show this year. I am not sure that was enough. But don't worry, I am only sharing a few of those pictures.


We rode the UTA shuttle bus from the Clearfield Front Runner Station so that we didn't have to fight traffic!















Just for the record, this picture above was not photo shopped. I didn't even know I had taken this cool of a picture until we got home.