Ellie Belly

Ellie Belly
Our Little Cutie

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Willie

Many people are probably not aware that I have a family member who has Downs Syndrome. His name is Willie and he is my Grandma Petersen's brother (which makes him my great uncle). He passed away this week at the age of 62. The last couple of years he has been the oldest person with down syndrome in Utah.  He also worked at the Deseret Industries in Logan for 25 years. He has lived with my grandma for around 15 years now. He has become a huge part of our family and has blessed us all with his loving nature. Willie loved everyone and he had a special place in his heart for babies and children. Unfortunately, due to his health, Ellie was not ever able to meet Willie while he was alive. He has been in a rest home for the last little while. We are so proud of him and we really look forward to getting to know him after this life now that he no longer has the physical limitations from his condition. We have so many fond memories of Willie that we will always cherish.







This is a picture of me and Willie the day that I came home from my mission in 2005