Ellie Belly

Ellie Belly
Our Little Cutie

Friday, January 13, 2012

Fallen Officer in Ogden

As many of you heard, there was an Ogden Officer that was killed last week while serving a Search Warrant.  The funeral was on Wednesday and they had a huge procession that went from the Dee Events Center in Ogden down Harrison onto 30th, then onto Washington until 12th Street and then to the Cemetery.  Clint and I are big on supporting our Law Enforcement and Firemen and all of those people that risk their lives for us and we are so grateful for all of the work they do.

We really wanted to go watch the Funeral Procession but we both had to work that day.  I didn't know, though, that the procession was going to be on Washington Boulevard and that it was going to go right past my work.  Lucky for me, my managers told us all to get outside and watch it because we were 'working,' and we all wanted to see it anyways!  So I was very lucky to get to watch the whole thing.

It was really neat the way that they honored Officer Francom.  They had Motorcycle Cops leading the procession followed by a Firetruck that carried his casket.  Then there were about 500 police cars from EVERYWHERE following.  It was so amazing to see all of them at one time.  It's not something you get to see everyday. 

I didn't have our camera on me, so I tried to do the best that I could with my phone.  Some of the pictures are a little skewed from sending them to the computer, but it's still neat to see all these people supporting ALL of our men and women that serve us everyday.















One more tidbit ... On January 19th Chili's is doing a thing where 15% of your purchase goes to the Weber-Morgan Narcotics Strike Force if you have a coupon with you.  It's statewide, so any Chili's will do.  If you want the coupons please feel free to email me!  nikitaraepetersen@yahoo.com